Monday, January 16, 2023

I Had A Dream

I had a weird dream last night. That’s nothing new. I’ve been having a lot of weird dreams lately, ones that I vividly remember, and which make no sense. When I tell my husband about them, he tells me I’m nuts. I kind of agree with him.

But this dream was different. We’ve all had the anxiety dreams, the ones where we show up someplace unprepared. For me, it’s usually my college campus on finals day, only I don’t know where the class is located, I haven’t attended all semester, and I clearly haven’t studied. This time, I returned to one of those dreams, only I fixed the problem.

 

In previous dreams, I’d been assigned a project to complete. Usually, I showed up on the day it was due. This time, I had a week left, and while I still didn’t know nearly enough about the project, I’d told the teacher/professor (actually, the Princess’ high school swim coach) that I’d just complete the project by myself. She praised me for my work ethic and my manners. And then I met a bunch of people from various stages of my life who were also working on the project and offered to help me.

 

I have no idea what this dream means, but I’m hoping it means I’ve gotten ahold of my anxiety. And obviously, it means that manners are important!

No comments:

Post a Comment