Monday, August 28, 2017

The End of Summer

This is a big week for me.

It’s the first week without The Princess and I’m adjusting to being a family of three (actually, since Banana Girl is at band camp, I’m not sure the adjustment has begun). I’m trying not to text my requests and nags too much, and I’m trying to let her initiate the contact, even though I really, really, really want to know what’s going on. Walking by her room is jarring—not only is she not in it, but it’s CLEAN! Between the emptying and organizing I made her do before she left, and the vacuuming and dusting the cleaning ladies did as soon as she left, it doesn’t look like her room. I almost miss the One Direction cardboard cutout.
Someone left this on the road in front of my house. Every time I see it, I wonder where the kid is, kind of like every time I walk by her room, I wonder where The Princess is. Sigh.

I have a book releasing on Friday. In the Moment is a standalone (not part of a series) and I can’t wait for people to read it! It’s not my first book release, but it’s just as exciting as if it were. I’ll be on social media all day promoting and celebrating, so stop by and visit me.
https://catalog.thewildrosepress.com/all-titles/5219-in-the-moment.html?search_query=jennifer+wilck&results=4

I’m hosting a Facebook party on Friday as part of my celebration with lots of other authors. Feel free to pop in, say hello and win some books and gift cards.

And, I just signed a contract for the second book in my Serendipity series (Addicted to Love was the first book)! I filled out the manuscript information form, which goes to my editor and lets her know to begin her first round of edits on the manuscript. That means I should be getting her edits in about a week. I also filled out the cover art form with my vision for the cover. I’m hoping it will closely resemble Addicted to Love, since it’s a series and I’d like all the books in the series to look cohesive. Based on the timing, I anticipate the new book, Five Minutes to Love, to release in the late winter/early spring (barring unforeseen circumstances).


So, we’ll see how everything plays out. Enjoy the end of your summer!

3 comments:

  1. Based on what I hear from friends with college age kids, you get used to the empty-nest, and actually start to enjoy it! 😉
    Best of luck with your new release! I'm looking forward to the FB party on Friday, both as a guest-author, and visitor! Thanks for'inviting me to be part of your celebration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I hear too, Donna. I can see it, I'm just not there yet. But I will be! :) So glad to have you join on Friday.

      Delete
  2. Your car could be stolen if you don't keep this in mind!

    Imagine that your car was taken! When you approach the police, they inquire about a specific "VIN search"

    A VIN decoder: What is it?

    Similar to a passport, the "VIN decoder" allows you to find out when the car was born and who its "parent"( manufacturing plant) is. Additionally, you can find:

    1.Type of engine

    2.Automobile model

    3.The DMV and the limitations it imposes

    4.The number of drivers in this vehicle

    You'll be able to locate the car, and keeping in mind the code ensures your safety. The code can be viewed in the online database. The VIN is situated on various parts of the car to make it harder for thieves to steal, such as the first person's seat on the floor, the frame (often in trucks and SUVs), the spar, and other areas.

    What happens if the VIN is intentionally harmed?

    There are numerous circumstances that can result in VIN damage, but failing to have one will have unpleasant repercussions because it is illegal to intentionally harm a VIN in order to avoid going to jail or the police. You could receive a fine of up to 80,000 rubles and spend two years in jail. You might be stopped on the road by a teacher.

    Conclusion.

    The VIN decoder may help to save your car from theft. But where can you check the car reality? This is why we exist– VIN decoders!

    ReplyDelete