Monday, August 7, 2017

Time For Another One

A couple of years ago, when I was busy with other areas of my life, I had very little time to devote to my writing. Sure, I found time to write—I had to in order to keep my sanity—but there wasn’t time to devote to finding publishers to buy my manuscripts.

Fast forward to last year, when I decided to adjust my priorities and extract myself from everything that was stressing me out and making me miserable, writing was the one thing that made me happy, so I kept at it (well, that and my family, but they’re the constant anyway) and found that I had a number of manuscripts that were ready to go. So I queried publishers and found them a home.

A few weeks ago, Addicted to Love was released out into the world (if you've already read it, I'd really appreciate it if you could post a review on the vendor's website) and in a couple of more weeks, another book I wrote will be released. In the Moment is unrelated to Addicted to Love, but is coming out September 1. I’ve been so busy promoting Addicted to Love that I haven’t had much of a chance to talk about In the Moment, so here goes.

First of all, it was inspired by a house. A Victorian mansion, to be exact. Several years ago, the girls and I toured an open house of this beautiful mansion and we all fell in love with it. Since we didn’t have a few spare million dollars lying around, all we could do was walk through it and drool, but I decided it would make the perfect setting for a book.

And it did.

Since then, I’ve stalked it on realtor.com and ogled the pictures of the different rooms, but I also wrote and edited the story. And on September 1, it will come to life. When I worked with my publisher on the cover, I had very specific ideas in my head of what I wanted that cover to look like. Unfortunately, having specific ideas for a cover is never a good idea unless I’m the cover designer, which I’m not. But my publisher’s art department are miracle workers, and while it’s not exactly the picture in my head, it’s so close I’m kind of in awe.

For the next few weeks, I’ll be promoting this one, as well as continuing to promote the other, so I hope you’ll put up with me and maybe even pass along and share the info I provide so other people can read my books. But in the meantime, here is the blurb for In the Moment and the Amazon pre-order link (other vendors coming soon). I hope you like it as much as I do!



Cassie Edwards, a former foster child, purchases an 1870s Victorian mansion, the one home from her childhood where she felt like part of a family. She’s spending her summer lovingly restoring it, with dreams of one day raising a family of her own here. Rayne Tucket, a photojournalist, is haunted by the death of his best friend in Afghanistan, a death he thinks is his fault. He survives day to day. Forever is not in his vocabulary. Swearing off photography, he answers an ad for a handyman—mindless, no emotion involved. As the two of them renovate her house, can Cassie show Rayne that love is strong enough to heal all wounds?





No comments:

Post a Comment