Monday, August 14, 2017

Flying

We’re sitting in the airport waiting for our flight to board. It’s perfect people-watching time. There’s the older blond woman who was convinced she was going to miss her flight, because last week her flight was delayed. There’s the tattooed guy and his girlfriend, and I wonder what those tattoos mean. There’s an older woman who keeps her phone in bubble wrap in her purse.

We traveled to the gate with a pilot, who spent the bus ride buried in his phone. In fact, we rode the bus in the “do not like people” section, apparently, because the rest of the bus filled up, people were standing, and our section was wide open with plenty of seats, other than those taken up by Banana Girl, the pilot and me. Maybe it wasn’t the “do not like people” section; maybe no one wanted to sit with us?

Banana Girl has become a pro-traveler, what with flying to Europe, Israel and Florida this summer. I have become woefully behind the times, still expecting to use paper boarding passes and forgetting about the carry-on restrictions. I provide her with amusement of some sort, I suppose.

We’ll spend the next two days traveling, flying, driving and touring in a whirlwind trip. They’re places I’ve never been before, so I’m looking forward to meeting new people, trying new food (finding the best ice cream/chocolate) and getting to know different college towns. And maybe making plans to return someday soon.


Worst case, I’ll get inspiration for a new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment