Monday, March 27, 2023

Release Day!

It’s book release day! That’s right, my fourteenth book is out today. I can’t believe I’ve published 14 books, with several more on the way. Crazy. Here’s the link if you’re interested: Universal Link: https://books2read.com/u/3k2G5n

This release day I’m celebrating a little differently, with two live events. 

 

The first happened this morning via Facebook Live. I’m attending a big reader’s event in the fall, and one of the women offered to interview author attendees. We coordinated it around today’s release, and I had so much fun talking to her. As she described it, it was like sitting down for a cup of coffee and chatting. We talked about my writing process, my reading preferences, and my book. And I’ve gained a new reader, since she tried A Heart Restrained, loved it, and now wants to read the rest of the series. Yay! I answered watchers’ questions and really had so much fun.

 

The second will happen tonight. I’m going into Manhattan to a place called P&T Knitwear, which is a gift store, bookstore, podcast recording studio and more. I, along with several other authors, will read excerpts from our books, discuss our writing, and sign books for readers. I’ve never done something like this before, and I’m excited to be a part of it. If you’re in the area this evening, stop by!

 


Usually, I focus more on social media events, which I’m still doing. I’ve got blogs and reviews tours and social media posts. But I’m trying to reach readers who might not be on social media. We’ll see what happens. 

 

This book was a lot of fun to write, but more difficult than my usual ones. The hero doesn’t show his emotions. And that makes it very hard for me, as the author, to show you, the reader, what he’s feeling. Because I don’t want to say, “he was angry.” I want you to see it. But if I can’t show you his anger, I have to find other methods. So, it was a struggle. But I hope I did it well. Fiona, who does show her emotions, was fun to write. I’m a big fan of strong, independent women, and she is definitely strong and independent. Sassy, too. 

 

I hope you’ll consider reading the book, and if you do, I hope you’ll leave a review. Short, long, good, bad, all the reviews help by making my books more visible. Thanks for coming along on the journey with me!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment