Monday, March 8, 2021

Calling All Gamers!

As an author, one of my responsibilities is getting the word out to the general public about my books. Sometimes it’s fun, sometimes it’s a hassle, and sometimes it’s downright embarrassing. But, since I’m neither Nora Roberts nor Danielle Steele, it’s a necessary part of my day. In fact, it’s a regularly scheduled part of my daily routine—I spend at least one to two hours daily on marketing, either current books, an upcoming book, or looking for new opportunities.

One of those new opportunities recently landed in my lap, and I’m pleased to share it with you now.

 

My book, Five Minutes to Love, has been chosen by Romance Fate, a company that turns romance novels into interactive games, and will appear on their gaming platform in six to nine months. 

 

When my publisher contacted me about this opportunity, my first reaction was to double check she had the right Jennifer. Seriously. Then it was to check out the site, because really, a game? But I checked them out and they’re legit. Turns out, they have more than one million subscribers, and their demographic is women between the ages of 25 and 35 years old. From what I understand, they develop an interactive game based on the book where the player can choose what to do.

 

It actually sounds kind of neat, especially for this particular book.

 

Normally, I might be concerned about them choosing the second book in a three-book series, but since all of the book stand alone, and since Five Minutes to Love actually takes place chronologically before the first book in the series, I think it works. And with speed dating, or rather, a failed speed date, as the meet-cute, well, I think there are great possibilities!

 

Of course, I had other concerns. Will the company remain true to my brand? Will they make radical changes that I find embarrassing or offensive? The answer is no. They categorize their games by romance subgenres, and they’re not going to change my subgenre (although they may add a character or two). What that means is they’re not going to make my contemporary romance into a dinosaur romance, or erotic, or violent. J

 

So, here’s what you can do for me. If you have friends or relatives who play games on their phones, let them know about Romance Fate. And my book. If you know someone who might want to play these games, let them know about the apps. And, if you’re curious about which of my books is going to be part of the gaming world, of course, feel free to check it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment