Monday, December 22, 2014

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Well, we’re almost done with Chanukah and we’re approaching the holiday break and we haven’t killed each other yet. That is the definition of a good thing.

I’ve learned I’m much better choosing Chanukah gifts than I am at choosing camp care packages. We haven’t given anything that someone doesn’t like. Even my niece and nephew liked their things (at least, they appeared to).

I packed up Banana Girl for Costa Rica and only forgot two of her meds (luckily, we were able to run out and pick them up). While both teens are looking forward to getting a break from each other, neither one was ready to kill the other and we got some cute pictures of them saying goodbye.

The husband has been home a few days and it hasn’t set my world completely off kilter by interrupting my typical daily schedule. We’re getting stuff done and spending time together, which is one of my favorite things.

Since Banana Girl is in Costa Rica for the break, it will just be The Princess at home, and not the whole time either. We were talking last night and if we’re correct, she hasn’t gotten to be the “only child” since Banana Girl was born. All of us are looking forward to spending the time together.


So, whatever you’re celebrating, wherever you’re going and whomever you’re with, enjoy the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment