Monday, November 3, 2014

November

 November is NaNoWriMo month, where you participate in a writing challenge—30,000 words by the end of the month. Many of my writer friends are doing it; I, however, am not. November is never a great month for me, but this year, it’s particularly busy.

I know I made the right choice, but seeing my friends post about it is making me wish I were a part of it. The good news is I’m dying to write. I can’t wait until my commitment mid-month is over and I’ll have hours and hours to write. My writing these days has been sparse, and I’m encouraged by the desire I have to sit in front of my computer and finish the stories I’m working on.

In addition to writing being my job, it’s also my escape. With all the stress I’m under right now, I haven’t been able to write. That’s okay as long as it’s temporary. I’m encouraged that I want to write, even if I can’t sit down and actually do it. I’m planning my writing schedule, setting goals and figuring out what I’m going to work on first.


On November 16, I’ll hit the ground running!

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly where you are, Jennifer. Sounds a lot like my year. Hang in there! Anytime you need to bounce off someone or talk, tap me with a message. I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denisea. Just need to make it 2 more weeks! :) And I'll definitely take you up on your offer. Same to you, by the way.

      Delete