Monday, April 13, 2020

Ads In The Age of Quarantine

I’ve lost track of the days and weeks. When I try to figure out exactly how long we’ve been social distancing, it seems like forever, and it certainly doesn’t help my mood, so I don’t. However I do know I’m cooking all the time, cleaning and doing dishes constantly, and each day is similar to the one before.

However, today I’m trying something new. I’m taking a free class online that teaches you how to get the most profit out of Amazon ads. A snooze for most people, but for authors, Amazon is essential. I’m not sure if it’s quarantine brain kicking in or if I was never told all of the information, but I’m not quite sure how often the class is given or how long it runs. Hey, it’s not like I have anything else going on, so as long as I keep getting the emails, I’m good. 

Today’s class had us set up an ad to start and which, I assume, we’ll use to compare in later classes. It was pretty easy, which quite possibly means I did something wrong, but I’ll know for sure if/when Amazon approves it. 

I’ve got to say, it’s a pretty clever thing for this guy to do. He’s an author and an expert at marketing. Running a free class during quarantine pretty much assures that people will take it, as well as his future classes that aren’t free. And it allows authors, like me, to actually see if people are buying books during quarantine or not. Not to mention, it gives us something to do, and offers us a community to join.

So, I’m curious. If you’re an author, what kinds of advertising do you find most successful? And if you’re a reader, is quarantine affecting your reading/purchasing habits?

Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment