Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Welcome Karilyn Bentley!


Hi Jennifer! Thank you for having me on today! I'm excited to announce the fifth and final book in my Demon Huntress series, Devil Forget Me, is now out. The series has been a lot of fun to write so it's a little sad for me that Gin Crawford's story is finished. As the world's newest demon huntress, Gin has a lot to learn about the job. Luckily for her, the position comes with a sexy hot mage who doubles as her mentor. In Devil Forget Me she must solve the mystery of which demon is trying to take over her employer, The Agency.

Here's the blurb:

What appears to be a simple crime, unmasks a chilling deception...
Gin Crawford, the world's newest demon huntress, kills two minions who are breaking into a financial adviser's office. But what she thinks of as another night in the life of a demon huntress leads to a cover-up of epic proportions. A demon haunts her employer, the Agency, and only she can stop it.
Aidan Smythe, her guardian mage and lover, along with her brother T, and the healer Eloise, join her search in discovering the demon's identity. A search thwarted by a powerful spell.
Breaking the spell requires her to join forces with Zagan, the demon of deceit, the demon who marked her as his. But working together comes with a price. One Gin is not sure she can pay.

I got the idea for the series while sitting on my back porch one summer evening, laptop propped on my legs. A couple of stories drifted around in my mind. One of the first stories I ever wrote (long, long ago and the story continues to sit under the proverbial bed) was about a boy hiding from a murderer. The story stuck in my head but I had trouble bringing it to life. On that particular summer evening, I was trying to write about a really messed up ER nurse who found a bracelet giving her superhuman powers to fight demons. I wanted the story to be a mash-up of humor and seriousness. But the plot of the hiding boy kept jumping into the story. Yes, I know, sounds like two totally different things, but I crunched them together and Gin Crawford, the world's newest demon huntress, was born. She's snarky and messed up and has been a blast to write! I hope you enjoy her too!


Here's an excerpt from Devil Forget Me:

     She chuckles as I sip my beer. “Not nothing. I am trying to discover the identity of the demon at theAgency.” She frowns. “It’s not going well. I know I know who the demon is, but every time I think of its identity”—her hands move in a poof motion—“it
vanishes.”
     “Yeah, I have the same problem.”
     A memory pops into my mind. Two memories, actually. The first was of last night’s fight with Rahab. How the demon said he only had one demon left to kill in order to rule Hell. Mammon, the demon of greed. The second memory was from last week when Smythe and I went to the Agency. We ran into Chuck Tweedy, the Big Boss of the Agency, and my justitiacouldn’t stop chanting “greedy.” I assumed the bracelet got its
words mixed up, exchanging Tweedy for greedy. But what if there was a connection?
     A dull pain hammers my head. I rub my brow. What was I thinking? We were talking about the Agency demon. Who could it be?
     “You do have the same problem.” Eloise touches my leg, and the headache disappears. “That’s what happened to me.”
     “How did you know?” Eloise was blind, although I swear at times she sees fine. “I could feel your pain.” Her brow furrows. “Like a spell had been thrown at you that caused the headache. I wonder if the same thing happens when I get a headache from thinking on the demon’s identity.”
     “Wait. You mean whenever I think about who the demon is, my thoughts trigger a spell? What does the spell do?”


BUY LINKS:
Amazon: https://www.amzn.com/B07P2NG13X/
Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1130823757
iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/devil-forget-me/id1456448283

WHERE TO FIND KARILYN:
Website:        www.karilynbentley.com
Newsletter:   https://eepurl.com/ba_0Rf
Facebook:     https://www.facebook.com/KarilynBentleyAuthor
Twitter:           https://www.twitter.com/karilynbentley1
Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4051943.Karilyn_Bentley
Pinterest:       https://www.pinterest.com/karilynbentley
BookBub:      https://www.bookbub.com/authors/karilyn-bentley


BIO:
Karilyn Bentley's love of reading stories and preference of sitting in front of a computer at home instead of in a cube, drove her to pen her own works, blending fantasy and romance mixed with a touch of funny.

Her paranormal romance novella, Werewolves in London, placed in the Got Wolf contest and started her writing career as an author of sexy heroes and lush fantasy worlds.

Karilyn lives in Colorado with her own hunky hero, two crazy dogs, aka The Kraken and Sir Barks-A-Lot, and a handful of colorful saltwater fish.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer! Thank you for letting me blog with you today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's quit a buzz stirring up about your new book. It's going to be a great success. Keep writing, Karilyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karilyn, What a satisfying feeling —finishing a series! I don’t know what would make me happier-5 books published or the ability to end a series. Best of luck with your new book and all your novels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Colleen!! It's a great feeling to finish a series, but also a little sad. You get used to the characters. :) Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete