Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Mondays

I’m pretending today is Monday. Yesterday was actually Monday, but yesterday was a terrible day. So I’m pretending it didn’t happen. I want a do-over.

See, I love Mondays. It’s the beginning of a new week. The house is empty once again with everyone else back in school or work. I’m inspired and motivated. If my FitBit tracked productivity rather than steps, you’d see a huge uptick on Mondays, followed by a slow but steady decline the rest of the week.
This is sort of what it would look like--it was the closest graph I could find. At least the shape is close!

It’s the same reason why I love the new year, both Jewish and secular. I get a chance to start again—to make myself a better person (or try; I’m a work in progress) and I get to set a goal of cleaning out the house (which, when living with a bunch of packrats is a never-ending battle).

I love the beginning of each season, too. The first snow is exciting, the leavings beginning to turn, the trees beginning to bud, the first warm day. Of course, since there are only about 3 days a year whose temperature keeps me comfortable, I’m usually done with the seasons after that, but it’s the beginnings that I love.


So you all go along with your Tuesday. I know I’m in the minority when it comes to loving Mondays. But I’m still going to pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment